Saturday, October 6, 2012

Donovan's Pub

On one of my recent apt searches in Queens, we stopped at Donovan's Pub for dinner afterwords. I was let down by my shady broker, but I wasn't let down by this place. First, let me just say this place is SUPER CUTE. It's a very authentic Irish pub. The decor reminds me of something I'd see in a little town in Ireland. Our waitress was saucy with a thick accent, but charming as well. She made a point to tell us that they make frozen drinks because their bartenders aren't lazy. How awesome is that? This place is known for their burgers, so I had to try one. It's been rated Best Burger by dozens of places including Time Out Magazine. The verdict? It's pretty good. It reminded me of the burger I had at Peter Luger - a big ball of quality greasy meat, but this was better because it had toppings. Also, the fries were good. I think they are authentic to pub fries in Ireland, but they reminded me of home fries. Such a cute place. If I move to Woodside, I'll be back...I need to try their Shepard's Pie!

1 comment:

Doug L said...

And Woodside wants you there! Super cute! LOL!!!