Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Smith


 We had a brunch date last Saturday and we decided to try some place new so we hit up The Smith located on 3rd Ave between 10th and 11th. Curtis had the Country Breakfast: cheddar grits, grilled ham steak, biscuit, and gravy. He said the grits and the biscuit were okay. He was disappointed in the ham steak though. The ham steak was no steak at all - it was deli meat that they threw on the griddle. Maybe it could have been good if it wasn't $16. But seriously. $16? Should've gone to Alias.

Now - onto my burger. I wasn't in the mood for breakfast so I went for the Burger Deluxe: special sauce, cheddar, bacon, the works. Sounded promising. Big problem with this burger - it's impossible to eat. The roll is not soft so when you bite into it half your burger comes out the other end. I ended up eating it with a fork. As far as taste goes, it was okay. I've had better. Oh, but I can't fail to discuss the fries. AWFUL. It was like they took what was left over of an old bag of frozen fries with freezer burn and dumped them on my plate. Somehow they were cold by the time they got to me and they all stuck together like a big clump. A french fry nest of gross. Eat your hearts out NYU kids. I won't be coming back here, ever. 

No comments: