Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kale Mixed Berry Smoothie


Got a hand blender and a new regular sized blender for Christmas and I love them both. My friend Robin told me to buy frozen fruit to make smoothies and you won't need any ice. Genius! I've been seeing a lot of green smoothies lately too so I decided to add some kale to mine, but not much. It still looks purple from the berries, but has specks of green from the kale. Makes about 2 thick smoothies. To make them less thick I would add less banana and maybe a little OJ.

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen mixed berries (I used Dole's brand because it had a good mix of strawberries, blackberries and blueberries)
1 banana
1 cup skim milk
2 cups kale

Make it:
Add kale and 1/2 c skim milk. Blend. Peel and cut up the banana. Dump banana and berries into mixer and add rest skim milk. Blend it. Drink it. Go conquer the world. 120 calories each.



No comments: