Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fresh Tofu with Spicy Soy Sauce


I came home from work and I was starved so I decided to make the quickest dish I could think of: warm fresh tofu from H Mart. Yes, I know. I cheated and bought fresh tofu. BUT if you want to make your own, I found a link here. Fresh tofu is so good and my friend Lenore told me that the H Mart by my house had the best. I think she was right. I came home and sliced it up and threw it on a plate with spicy soy dipping sauce poured over it. Devoured in minutes. You can make this yourself if you buy firm tofu and make the sauce yourself:

Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce:
1 1/2 cups soy sauce
3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 (1-inch) piece ginger, grated
3 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
4 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
2 to 3 tablespoons Asian chile paste (sambaal oeleck)

Combine all ingredients and whisk together. Pour over tofu. Devour.

No comments: