Saturday, August 18, 2012

Easy Baked Eggs in Polenta Cups


 I love cooking things like this. Super cute presentation, stupid simple to make. And delicious!


Ingredients:
One package already made polenta (I chose plain, but you could grab an herbed one too)
Cooking spray
6 oz grated Gruyere cheese
6 eggs
1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes (optional)
Salt and pepper

Make it:
Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Slice the polenta forming small disks. And place them at the bottom of muffin pan. Some disks may be too large to fit. You'll need to trim them down. Crack open an egg and place on top. Sprinkle with gruyere cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until eggs are set. I didn't want all eggs so I chose to do a few without an egg and roasted tomatoes instead. I used more cheese on these to hold them together.

No comments: