Friday, February 19, 2010

Gettin' creative with brussel sprouts...

No, this isn't my picture. My camera finally shit the bed. But here is how to make it:

Trim tough stems from Brussels sprouts. With a knife, mark base of each Brussels sprout with a shallow "x." Remove about 25 large outer green leaves; set aside.
In pot of boiling salted water, cook Brussels sprouts until just tender but still bright green, 6 to 8 minutes. Strain, and transfer to ice water to stop cooking.
Blanch reserved leaves in pot of boiling water, until bright green, 1 to 2 minutes. Strain; transfer to bowl of ice water. Drain; reserve. Transfer sprouts to food processor.
Heat cream and butter in saucepan over low heat until butter has melted. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg; add to sprouts. Process until combined. Transfer to serving bowl. Arrange reserved leaves around edge of bowl.
Yield: 6 servings
I made it and I thought it was delicious! Curtis thought it stunk up the whole house (I admit, it kinda did) and he didn't care for it too much. He actually asked me to never cook brussel sprouts again. hahahaha

No comments: