Saturday, April 6, 2013

Kale Strawberry Smoothie




 My office hooked up with Weight Watchers recently and we now have meetings every week (including weigh ins) at my office. I have done WW before (about 5 years ago before my wedding to lose 5 or 8 pounds). I've done tracking online, but it was in the meeting yesterday when the coordinator said something that struck me - a lot of people are "completely on or completely off" when it comes to eating right. This is so me. I'm either raging hard core in the gym and depriving myself of everything or I'm eating whatever and drinking whatever and not caring one bit. The trick is to learn balance. I don't want to say "I'm on a diet". I want to just live healthy and not feel deprived. This morning, I started my day out with an energizing smoothie.

Ingredients
1 low fat vanilla yogurt
3/4 cup(s) strawberries
2 cup(s) Kale
1 packet Pure Acai  (I bought mine from Fresh Direct)
1/2 cup(s) ice cube(s)

Instructions
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Makes 2 servings. 3 points each. Perfect before or after a workout!

No comments: