Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mio Tio's

 Another Queens pick! Came here on Xmas Eve with my good friends, Doug and Shawn, and I had the filet mignon. Yes, it came with lettuce and tomato garnish. Yes, my salad dressing was in a plastic pouch (spied in the background). Let me explain. This place is nicer than a diner but not quite there when it comes to nice restaurant. I mean, it's clean. The staff is friendly. They have filet mignon. But they also have soccer playing on a wide screen and burger toppings as garnishes. If you're not snobby you'll realize after your first bite - hey, they cooked my steak exactly medium rare. Good job guys. And then after you swallow it you'll think - man, this is a $20 filet mignon. This would cost me $40 in the city. And then each bite thereafter becomes more and more sweet. 

This is mayonnaise salad. Kidding. It's potato salad. Russian potato salad to be exact. It's really uh, mayonnaisey. But all the guys woofed it down. I took a bite that was less mayonnaisey and it was good. The reviews on Yelp said they were famous for this and the chimichurri sauce on a skirt steak. My sous chef got the half skirt steak. Good thing. The half was as big as his plate! And the chimichurri sauce was authentic. I would definitely come back.

No comments: