Friday, December 25, 2009

Xmas Food

Xmas dinner: Ham with orange sauce and homemade sweet potato gratin. Curtis made dinner. He's so good. :)

Baked brie with cranberry sauce.

I've never had baked brie before. I've had brie about 45784597845266 times, but having it baked was kind of incredible. Makes me wonder why I waited so long to try it.

Ok, this is stupid easy to make. Just buy pastry dough in the frozen food section of your grocery store. Lay one sheet out (thawed) onto a floured surface. Take a wheel of brie and cut the top rind off. Scoop spoonfuls of cranberry sauce on top of the brie and wrap it up like a gift. Brush with an egg wash and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. You will punch yourself-- it's THAT good.

Got this recipe off the pastry dough box. (The box comes with 2 sheets of dough so I figured I'd use both). Just lay it out and wash with egg then in small bowl put 1/4 c of Parmesan and 1/2 c Monterrey Jack and 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Mix together and spread evenly onto dough. Then take a pack of frozen spinach. Thaw it and rinse it and evenly sprinkle spinach onto dough. Roll that bad boy up and slice. Makes about 8 pinwheels. Holla!

No comments: