Tuesday, December 15, 2009

B + H

I had the best grilled cheese ever at B + H the other day. It was a rainy Sunday and Crystal (my house guest for the weekend had just left). We walked over to A and 8th and into this tiny little crowded diner. Warning: If you are claustrophobic or expect amazing service, you won't like this place. We sat at the diner bar and ordered a grilled cheese with tomato soup. The cook didn't speak English very well. He served us Omelets with potato. I looked at him and said, "THIS is grilled cheese?" And he apologized and took it away and remade our order. Typically, I would feel bad if this happened in another restaurant - but he was spastic and I didn't stutter. It was clearly his fault. Anyways - once we got our sandwich it was heavenly. The grilled buttery challah bread was light and airy. The tomato and melted cheese was divine. And the tomato soup was like something the Fashion Soup lady would make - amazing. Next time I may order it and pick it up. Eating in this place leaves something less to be desired.