Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Xmas and wine: Part 2

Christmas tree...oh, Christmas tree...this tree was given to me randomly by my awesome neighbor Corrine. She bought it then decided she didn't want it. Since I have not bought my tree yet it came in quite handy. Ok...not handy...it came in AWESOME! This tree is rad, considering I wanted a Charlie Brown tree (as is our tradition) and now I have the PERFECT tree. I owe her.

And I decorated it with white lights and silver and pearl balls. Plus, some very special wedding ornaments from Grandma. This is a bride and groom...

By golly, this one says 2008. It's a tangible reminder of our marriage and the permanence of marriage. This is forever!

I love wreaths. Christmas wreaths to be exact. Like this one. It's on my door and it's pretty rad. It looks like little ice crystals. Notice--I'm apt. number five...Send my million dollar checks here!

This is my excited face ('cause I just decorated our tree) and possibly Curtis's relieved face (knowing he doesn't have to help)

It's NEVER to early for another VINE posting. Tonight is BV Napa Valley Merlot 2005. Beaulieu Vineyard was founded in 1900. I made shrimp for dinner tonight and I had this wine with it. I know how some folks feel about Merlot, but gosh darn I like a Merlot or two! The flavors of this wine are dark berries (cherry and berries) but some spice too. There is a hint of oak, light tannins and the finish lingers. Curtis saw this wine on last season's Top Chef and we've been drinking it with dinner since then! Great for a easy wine on a low budget!

4 comments:

CW said...

Now we just need to get you making your wreaths...it's so much fun. I know there is some craftiness deep down in there somewhere. I WILL have you scrapbooking and making wreaths damnit.

Curtis D Williams said...

the wine was good. dinner was even better!

Adrienne said...

aww! thanks honey!

Robin said...

i spy adrienne cleavage in one photo!