Sunday, November 24, 2013

SKAL

So, I've been to Iceland a few times now and I love it there. Not only is it beautiful and relaxing, the food is good too! Check my previous posts on the Foods of Iceland. Anyhoo, there is a new restaurant that opened up on Canal St. and it features a Nordic menu. Fun! I was too busy eating so I forgot to take my own photo. I stole the photo from Gothamgal, but I must say my plate was way more beautiful than this. This was Grilled Monkfish, Cauliflower, Cabbages and Peppermint. The monkfish was cooked to perfection but the cabbages on the side were divine! They had a slight char to them that really made them sing. The table also shared Salt Cod Croquettes with a Horseradish Remoulade (which were super salty and chewy but delicious) and a Plate of Pickles (which was more of a plate of pickled things - not necessarily types of pickles. I would come back!

No comments: