Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pylos

So my mom was in town for her b.day and I took her to lunch at Pylos in my hood to celebrate the occasion for a light lunch. If you like rustic greek food, then this is where you need to be! When we got there (around 2ish) there was one other couple in the whole place so we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. We got the Spanakopita appetizer to start (crispy savory greek phyllo pastry filled with fresh spinach, feta and aromatic herbs). It was so good - I forgot to take a photo. My mom had a dish called Htenia Me Fasolia Kai Roka - which was grilled sea scallops tossed with white beans and arugula and served with a dressing of extra virgin greek olive oil and fresh lemon juice.



I had the Horiatiki: the classic greek village salad, with fresh tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, capers, kalamata olives, feta and a simple dressing of extra virgin greek olive oil and red wine vinegar. I absolutely LOVE greek salads and this one did not disappoint - everything was super fresh.

1 comment:

EscobaRachel said...

that looks amazing! i love love love spanekopeta- so much so i dont even know how to spell it ;-)

ya'lls food looks amazing!