Sunday, October 30, 2011

BigLittle Get Together

Last night we had a little Virginia Beach reunion and we hired the wonderful ladies of BigLittleNYC to cater the dinner. Oh and it was Halloween themed of course. First course: Ghostly cauliflower soup with with cranberry "blood" and puffed cumin and cardamon rice "maggots"with micro basil. This course was paired with an oaky Rioja called Muga Blanco.

Second course: Crispy Skin Chicken Breast with sorrel and roasted romanesco and garlic bat wings with garlic and ginger puree. Honestly, I was cutting my chicken with a butter knife. I've never had chicken this juicy before! This course was paired with another Spanish wine called Clos Lojen - fruity and light, like a Beaujolais.

Carrot souffle with maple vanilla vegan ice cream and candied puffed rice. Soooo good. I despise dessert wine so for dessert we had two pairings. A bigger Rioja called Beronia Gran Cru and a sherry called Alvear Oloroso Asuncion. Seriously, I love Oloroso now- especially the hazelnut finish that lingers and lingers. I'm going to have to go buy more of that stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What?! I thought you made everything???