Monday, February 21, 2011

Seafood Marinara

I was inspired to make this dish from my recent trip to Cancun (yes) we had Seafood Marinara in Cancun! Unfortunately for you, you get the photo of the leftovers because I forgot to take one when I was cooking! This wasn't quite the same (I was missing a giant prawn head - but it was very good nonetheless!) This dish is super easy to make: Take 1 Tbsp of olive oil and saute 1/2 large onion (finely chopped). Add 2 cloves garlic (also finely chopped) and let simmer till onions look cooked. Then add 1/2 c white wine. Let it simmer for 2 minutes then add about 3 cups of good quality tomato sauce, 1/4 ts red pepper flakes, and then your seafood!
I bought a bag of mixed seafood from Trader Joe's that had shrimp, sea scallops and squid. I defrosted it, then tossed it in. It takes about 5 to 6 minutes to cook in the sauce - not long at all. I let it simmer for a few more minutes then I served this over spaghetti noodle pasta. Mmmm....good. WW folks - one cup of sauce (with the seafood) and 1 cup of pasta = 13 points.

No comments: