Saturday, July 31, 2010

The French make a killer sammy...

This unassuming pressed sandwich is probably one of the best I've had in awhile. It was a long piece of french bread stuffed with thinly sliced salted ham, herbs and warm gooey French cheese. Pressed to perfection. I shared it with Curtis and it was so good I wished I had my own. I could have eaten 2 of these things it was that good. The sad part is, we will probably NEVER have this again. This was purchased on a small island off the coast of Newfoundland, Canada called St. Pierre. This island is still ruled by the French and so technically when you go there, you are going to another country. (Our passports got stamped and we had to go through customs and everything!) Oh yummy sammy...I will always remember you as one of the better offerings from St. Pierre.