Saturday, November 28, 2009

I love friends that love food.

Me and Missy at Morimoto's. Dinner was amazing. We split 3 appetizers to start: ROCK SHRIMP TEMPURA SPICY KOCHUJAN AIOLI, 10 HOUR PORK KAKUNI BRAISED PORK BELLY WITH HOT RICE PORRIDGE and CARPACCIO KOBE BEEF- THINLY SLICED WITH YUZU SOY, HOT OIL AND MITSUBA LEAF. Sorry for all the caps, I copied this right off the website. The pork belly was insane and the carpaccio was the best I've EVER had.

For dinner I had: DUCK DUCK DUCK MADRAS ROASTED DUCK BREAST, CONFIT RISOTTO, DUCK EGG, MANDARIN OOLONG REDUCTION. Missy had this crazy seafood dish with citrus butter. It came in a Moroccan clay pot. I think it was new because I can't find it on the menu online. Matt had: SUGI-ITA SALMON JAPANESE CEDAR WRAPPED ORGANIC SALMON, MAPLE SHIITAKE BROTH, ORGANIC EGG, YAMAIMO.

We shared a dessert that wasn't online either. It was this tiny chocolate mouse cake with ganache and sea salt. I could only do one bite because I was soooo full.

Happy couple outside the restaurant.

Me and my BFF.

No comments: