Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stuffed Peppers

These peppers are super easy to make. First, take 2 green peppers and cut tops off. Cut in half and de-seed. Drop in boiling water and cook until tender (about 10 min). Remove from water and let cool in a baking dish. In a separate pan, fry up ground beef (I used 90% lean) and add marinara sauce (any jarred sauce will do but I used Prego Traditional). Then I took Uncle Ben's Brown rice (the kind that comes in a pouch and only takes 90 seconds to cook) and I added that to my meat sauce. Stop cooking and stuff your peppers. If you don't want to cut your peppers in half you don't need to. I only did because they don't stand up very good sometimes - plus I didn't want to eat a whole one. I topped the pepper with sliced cheese (use mozzarella). Brown the cheese by putting in oven on broil for like 1 to 2 minutes. Done, son!

No comments: