Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stretching the budget...

We are going to Montreal on Friday morning and I'm trying to not spend any money until we leave. Heidi gave me a bunch of extra Swiss chard and I sauteed it with onions. Peppered steak grilled on the back yard BBQ.

We had a rotisserie chicken the other night for dinner. I used the left over chicken meat on the carcass and made this chicken salad. Ingredients: chicken, sour cream, diced apple, almonds, pecans, lemon juice.

Boxed up for the fridge. Chicken salad sandwiches or on a bed of romaine for lunch.

1/2 a dozen eggs, mayo, mustard, paprika, tiny bits of onion and pepper.

Packaged for the week. Egg salad sandwiches for lunch.

Left over chicken sausages with peppers, onions and corn cut straight from the cob.

Layered in a pan with corn bread baked on top...my version of a Mexican Shepard's pie.

Brownies with pecans inside and almonds on top. The trick to good brownies is a hint of salt.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Great... now I'm hungry again... you need to stop blogging about food - I'm trying to stay in shape here :-)
Have fun in Montreal !!!!!