Friday, May 29, 2009

It just so happens to all be vegetarian...

Lunch: Spinach salad with sliced strawberries, honey roasted almond slices and balsamic vinaigrette.

Plain tomato sauce on fresh pizza dough. Pile it up with fresh basil.

Then completely cover with shredded mozzarella. I over did it on the cheese. Plus, I left this out on the stove over night so I had to throw over half of this away. Tragic. Some other meals this week included Greek salads and pan-seared tofu with fried purple cabbage. Forgot to get pictures of those. Not sure where this vegetarian kick came from or how long it will last but my freezer is stocked with Morning Star and my fridge is loaded with veggies.

2 comments:

CW said...

i'm on the same kick. it's summer, so light veggie dishes are perfect. i'm making that roasted corn, pepper, and tomato chowder from this month's cooking light tonight. it's gonna be soo bangin.

Heidi Powers said...

"It takes strength to be gentle and kind"

I appreciate your consideration for those lives-and I know the hens free of the battery cages do too!