Thursday, April 23, 2009

La Palapa

Curtis and I were watching Chopped on TV the other night and one of the contestants was a chef from this restaurant. Go figure, it's right around the corner from us. So, we decided to check it out. I stole this strip image off their website because I ate that thing in the middle: Chicken Enchiladas with green Tomatillo sauce.

Here is a pic of the outside of the restaurant. This place specializes in "Mexico City style" tacos and quesadillas, which is what Curtis had. You can find them on St. Marks Place, between First and Second Avenue in the East Village. The place is called La Palapa. A palapa btw, is palm-thatched shelter on a Mexican beach.
Overall, I'd say it was a 7. Had it been less pricey, I would have rated it an 8. But nothing has been able to beat my #1... Mexican Radio. But honestly, isn't all Mexican food like little bites of heaven? DELISH!

No comments: